Re: Mail Data termination

2011-08-16 14:01:08

At 1:07 PM -0400 8/16/11, Hector Santos wrote:

I've been seeing (maybe because I'm looking) more transactions from one of more particular senders that include a <CRLF>.<CRLF> end of data terminator in the body but continue with additional text after the DATA has been accepted.

Investigating it seems to be something we can't reliably address short of looking ahead of the receiver buffers to nullify these invalid <CRLF>.<CRLF>.

This is something that is so broken I think the best course is to reject it. Hopefully the sender will notice and fix their bug.

--
Randall Gellens
Power corrupts; Powerpoint corrupts absolutely.