RE: Mail Data termination

2011-08-16 17:23:09

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-smtp(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Keith
Moore
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:04 PM
To: Keith Moore
Cc: Randall Gellens; Hector Santos; ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Mail Data termination

sorry, I misunderstood what was being suggested.   if the server gets
DATA followed by a message (or a message fragment) followed by
CRLF.CRLF, it should accept the message (or fragment) and deliver it.
no matter what else follows, or doesn't follow, during the same SMTP
session .

+1.  Bonus points for sending forensic information upstream, or to the MLM
developer, so whoever it is can fix the problem.

It's possible I also got the same message fragments, but I'd need to know which
ones they were to go check.