Re: Mail Data termination

2011-08-19 20:55:56

Am I dense or is that them disconnecting after 5 seconds?

On 8/19/11 9:14 PM, "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hector Santos wrote:

Well, I can't stand for this.  A local policy option to lower the
server
idle client timeout to 1 minute (default) after the 1st transaction has
been finished will be provided.  I'm calling it Final-Idle-Time.

FWIW:

I added this this exploratory option and tested it against FaceBook
sending emails to me and they are somehow keeping the line active:

20:24:26.252 C: DATA
20:24:26.460 S: 250 Message received for delivery. (bytes: 8223)
20:24:26.460 ** Changing Post Data Idle time to: 1 mins
20:24:31.545 C: QUIT

The change to 1 minute was tested manually with a telnet connection
and its kicks out the session in 1 minute after message transaction.

Now that represents intentional abuse of receivers, definitely
anti-social!

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos