Re: Mail Data termination

2011-08-20 01:54:44

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I have no idea why your servers are seeing longer averages, but I can assure
you it isn't our client that's doing it. When there are no more messages we
only keep connections open for a few seconds and this is not
configurable.

I also don't know why this would be a change that became visible only in the last year given the fact that at least sendmail has had that feature for something like fifteen years now.

I had a mental relapse in reading the change in our log profiles this year from secs to usecs display. The ave is essentially the same.

Well, It (Connection Sharing) is still a poor one-side only benefit logic and probably this fact was realized long along and simply not employed in any significant way and if it is, probably isolated to specific host and for the rest, if employed, has a very short (perhaps 5 secs) hold time. Holding up channels *anonymous and unsolicited* for an extended time would not be very desirable.

--
HLS