Re: Mail Data termination

2011-08-21 16:42:43

--On Sunday, August 21, 2011 16:57 -0400 Hector Santos
<hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> wrote:

While I don't think this warrant any immediate concern, the
day 5321bis does opens up, I think you should be ready for
discussion regarding timeouts among other related things
regarding multi-transaction sections.  :)

And, of course, predictions of that type are precisely why there
has been some reluctance to open 5321.

So I will say what I've said about many comments of that general
type.   If you (or others) thing there is an issue that requires
a substantive protocol change in 5321bis, then generate an I-D
to update 5321 itself with the change and see if you you get
consensus on it.  If so, fine.  If not, let's not use it derail
moving forward with a 5321 update.