RE: Received: and sending IP

2011-09-02 20:48:39

-----Original Message-----
From: Ned Freed [mailto:ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2011 4:25 PM
To: Rolf E. Sonneveld
Cc: ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com; Murray S. Kucherawy;
ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Received: and sending IP

To the point where if we were to support such a change at this point, it
would
be optional, off by default, and I doubt we'd recommend enabling it.

I'm not really proposing to make this change in a 5322bis or anywhere else.
I'm just curious as to why the current syntax won out over something that
seems
less dissonant.

Well, I've already explained my understanding of why people supported the
approach back when this was debated. Since I disagree with that position (and
so did the one other person who has weighed in here) I think you need to look
to those who supported it for further justification and explanation.

In other words, I'm shutting up now.

                                Ned