Re: The anti-abuse rDNS check that FTP gave up

2011-10-06 09:03:07

On Oct 6, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
I understand them quite well.  It's called dilution of responsibility.  It's
a great mechanism for causing harm while escaping blame.  The destination MTA
blames the RBL, the RBL blames the MTA, the end users get screwed.

Look, we're all here in a group of people who understand the SMTP spec pretty
well. The accepting server is the one for ultimate responsibility for
delivering or rejecting the mail. Anything outside of that is local policy that
the accepting-server operators use to determine what they want to do, but they
maintain responsibility for their policies.