Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-17 13:16:17

Keith Moore wrote:

BTW, Keith, many GL servers already have responses with hints.

yes, I know. but just because someone decided to add a %d to a printf doesn't mean it should be standardized.

Sure, but not just someone. That was at least 7 different systems (based on a different response form) I listed from my quick viewing of the logs. In addition, one needs to also consider that an engineering thought process was done to add that information. I can see the need for it to alleviate the waste and overhead in rejected delays, the redundant retries, network communications and reducing the queuing pressures. I'm sure if a formal standard was available, it would of been used and perhaps others will also implement as well.

--
HLS