Re: SMTP traffic control

2011-10-24 11:26:40

On 24/10/2011 16:22, Hector wrote:

This is too much. The simple solution is to not to try to figure out the server's reasons but to propose a simple data point it can expose the idea:

      "ok, you rejected me, when do you want me to try again?"

I really don't care what the server reasons are and I don't wish to add tons of dollars and time to research a super advanced queuing concept that most likely isn't to work across the board anyway by using a Guessing Game on retries.

Hector, I think that you're misunderstanding what we were talking about. We were discussing another possible extension to have the server publish information on number of concurrent connections, messages per session etc (I think)

The 'when to retry' idea is a simple one which I think has the potential to really help. The 'number of messages per session' one would be 'nice', but probably not that important in the grand scheme of things.