On 11/28/2015 06:58 PM, John R Levine wrote:
You might want to take a look at this proposed WG charter and send appropriate comments. It looks to me actively harmful, for a variety of reasons including that tits proponents appear to be painfully unfamiliar with the realities of modern e-mail systems where 90% of the mail is spam, malware and phishes, and the main privacy threats to users are from the criminals sending the spam.

Gah.... just what I do not need. I've spent endless hours trying to explain to paranoid customers that the diagnostic value provided by Received fields far offsets any possible data leakage. Consistently, these are folks with the poorest understanding of the technology, making them hard to sway with technical arguments, but easy prey for "official" efforts like this.

I don't suppose there's any way for the chairs to just kill this thing?

<csg>