I oppose the current shutup charter text
and draft-josefsson-email-received-privacy as both promote the elimination of
mechanisms that protect users from fraud and abuse.

As I do care about user privacy, here's a strawman charter that I would support:

====
This WG will investigate mechanisms to conceal the information exposed by the
submission client's IP address in the mandatory received header generated by
the submission server. The output of this WG will provide a mechanism as
effective at tracing abuse and fraud as current use of the submission client's
IP address. Changing other rules related to received headers in SMTP is out of
scope for this WG.
====

I believe RFC 2442 combined with PGP or S/MIME adequately protects email
headers. I worked on an implementation of that in the 1990s. I'm doubtful the
memory-hole proposal is sufficiently better or sufficiently likely to deploy to
be worth IETF effort.

                - Chris