On 29/11/15 22:01, John Levine wrote:
As noted many messages back, the
original draft charter mentioned IP addresses in SMTP Received
headers, but those generally reveal no persoanal or private
information.

I think the above depends on what addresses are put where and
whether or not those are redacted somewhere else. Or am I missing
something?

Which brings us back to what seems like the first step to me,
which is to document what is done, presumably by those who have
done stuff for what seemed like good reasons. I'd say the
debate as to efficacy might be better done after that. (I'm
assuming that some folks most interested in and knowledgeable
about privacy might not be up so to speed on current mail
practices and that the reverse may also be true to some extent.)

S.