On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 06:13:46PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
It's not even privacy vs. ops support, it's privacy issues via some
hints of sender's location vs. privacy issues via the recipient
getting spammed, phished, and malware'd.

We're actually pretty good at fighting various kinds of malicious email
and while I know headers like Received do play a role there, I'm not yet
convinced that their role is so fundamental that removing them, or
removing essential parts of them, would see these (proactive and
reactive) defenses collapse.

And I do actually think there is a privacy issue here and that we
shouldn't dismiss that right away.

However, I agree with others that the proposed charter seems a little
premature and that, to quote Dave Crocker, we ought to have "public
discussion about the technical aspects of this policy tradeoff" first.

Martijn.