(Re-tx - there was an address typo in the earlier message)

On 29/11/15 18:13, John Levine wrote:
 the largest mail provider in the world already redacts
most senders' location info.

As I understood it, one of the possible outcomes of this
effort might be to document the kinds of redactions that
have been done so that others could do similarly.

I've no clue as to whether that'd result in a menu of "things
one can do," or if there are parts of that that may end up
as standards, but a good first step might be to document
what's been done already, esp if it's different in different
mail providers and if those variations have different impacts
elsewhere in the overall mail infrastructure.

Seems like the above would be a useful start anyway. (If
it's not been done already - there's no reason such stuff
absolutely has to be in an RFC.)

S.