Am 30.11.2015 um 14:50 schrieb Rich Kulawiec <rsk(_at_)gsp(_dot_)org>:

possibly recipient OS type/version, timestamp, etc.  This form of spyware
is becoming increasing pervasive, to the point where I think it's worth
noting that all the header redaction in the world (and all the on-the-wire
and message-body encryption) will fail to protect recipient privacy as
long as this technology is extent and as long as recipients insist on
using web-capable mail clients.

Whose privacy are we trying to protect? Recipient or Sender?

And from whom are we trying to protect it? Sender (administrative folks)?
Recipient (administrative folks)? The man in the middle (state- or
non-state-actor)?

— Matthias