On 12/01/2015 05:51 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

On 01/12/15 18:21, Chris Lewis wrote:

For example one could imagine replacing the MUA IP address value in
a Received header field with something like E(k-epoch,
MUA-IP-address) where k-epoch is some key that changes now and
then, perhaps in a way that requires very little state in the MSA.

If you read on a little further, you'll note where I mentioned (and
Martin reiterated) "one-way encrypted blob".

Which I proposed to, for example, senior MTA people at gmail almost a
decade ago.