Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015 6:49 PM Martijn Grooten wrote:
Sure, making such changes on your own is probably going to hurt more

than it helps. Which seems a good argument in favour of some kind of

RFC, or at least a WG discussing whether one is needed.

Yup, what I'm getting from this conversation is that we ought to try to gain a
bit more clarity than we currently have on this question.   I'm hearing a lot
of hand-wavey protests, but when I try to dig deeper it's not clear that much
analysis has actually occurred.   That analysis would be worthwhile to do and
to write up as an informational draft.   I think the informational draft should
_make no recommendations_ but should just talk about the various use cases.

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com