Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015 6:52 PM Al Iverson wrote:
Is that a hobbyist configuration? Is it relevant? It sounds a bit like
a cat and the hat both sharing a NAT. But in a very common high volume
production email scenario used by email service providers, clients and
types of mail are segregated by sending IP address.

My answer applies to both the gmail scenario and the private server scenario.
In both cases, putting my IP address in the Received header field means that my
legitimate mail is more likely to be dropped as spam, not less likely.

Noted that you don't. Just adding my voice: I do want it.

Correction: by "I do not want it," I mean "it do not want my mail legitimate
getting dropped as spam," not "On a personal level, I don't like it."

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com