On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 03:09:49AM +0000, Ted Lemon wrote:
I don't think you could.   You've said enough things that don't actually
make sense at this point [...]

So far, everything Chris has described makes perfect sense to me.
I can surmise some of the details because I've done some things that
are functionally similar, and because I've been reading Chris for years.

All of us who have tackled the problem of defending users from SMTP-borne
threats (of which spam is only one and often not the most important one)
have eventually found ourselves engaged in exercises in pattern recognition
quite similar to what Chris describes.  We may operate at different scales
or with different constraints, but we're all looking for ways to utilize
every/any scrap of information that we have.  (And we all understand why
it would be foolish to disclose the precise details of what we do in
a public forum.)

---rsk