On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:
Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015 6:11 PM Chris Lewis wrote:
When your cat's litter box gets infected with, say, cutwail, spewing
gazillions of copies of randomized "come do X to my Y!" exhortations, you're
not giving the receiver (ML or ad-hoc) very much to distinguish between that
and your pearls of wisdom.

Er, no, the cat box doesn't have my credentials nor know my email address, so
it can't send spam from me.   If it sends spam from someone other than me,
the Received header field makes my /legitimate/ email look more like spam,
because both the cat's spam and my legitimate email have the same IP address
in the Received header field.

Is that a hobbyist configuration? Is it relevant? It sounds a bit like
a cat and the hat both sharing a NAT. But in a very common high volume
production email scenario used by email service providers, clients and
types of mail are segregated by sending IP address.

 In this case I /definitely/ don't want the Received header field.

Noted that you don't. Just adding my voice: I do want it.

Regards,
Al Iverson

--
Al Iverson - Minneapolis - (312) 275-0130
Simple DNS Tools since 2008: xnnd.com