Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015 6:11 PM Chris Lewis wrote:
When your cat's litter box gets infected with, say, cutwail, spewing
gazillions of copies of randomized "come do X to my Y!" exhortations, you're
not giving the receiver (ML or ad-hoc) very much to distinguish between that
and your pearls of wisdom.

Er, no, the cat box doesn't have my credentials nor know my email address, so
it can't send spam from me.   If it sends spam from someone other than me, the
Received header field makes my /legitimate/ email look more like spam, because
both the cat's spam and my legitimate email have the same IP address in the
Received header field.   In this case I /definitely/ don't want the Received
header field.

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com