I think it might be helpful if someone would name or describe a largish
site or service provider that uses Recived, and describe how in useful
detail. "A spam/virus filter company that handles mail for about x million
mailboxes does ...", that kind of thing.

AOL famously uses the second received header to filter mail from
providers that are too large to block but too lazy or incompetent to
do proper outbound filtering on their users' mail.

A few years ago, there was a largish cable ISP* that was gushing spam
from customers through their MTAs and ignored the complaints.  I forgt
whether it was bots, or just customers using desktop spam blasters.
So AOL started 4xx soft failing mail that originated at the naughty
customers, and the ISP's mail servers predictably melted down.  That
finally got their attention and the situation soon improved for
everyone, not just AOL.

R's,
John

* - I know who it was but since they've mended their ways there's no
need to embarass them here.