Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015 9:54 AM John Levine wrote:
I think it might be helpful if someone would name or describe a largish
site or service provider that uses Recived, and describe how in useful
detail. "A spam/virus filter company that handles mail for about x million
mailboxes does ...", that kind of thing.

AOL famously uses the second received header to filter mail from
providers that are too large to block but too lazy or incompetent to
do proper outbound filtering on their users' mail.

Can you describe (or refer to a description) of what was done in sufficient
technical detail that we can evaluate whether or not whatever gets proposed
here would break that functionality, and also whether there was any other way
to accomplish the same purpose?   I don't doubt that this story is true, and
worth considering, but at the level of detail you've provided, it's just a
story.

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com