Re: [ietf-smtp] [imapext] Fwd: Request to form a new WG: JMAP

2016-11-14 18:23:57

> (lots of stuff ...)

Ned: YES - YES.

I have felt that way for years.

I use SeaMonkey (a Thunderbird spin) for my email. When I setup a mail account with it, one of the options is for it to cache the email account for offline usage.

I would think this is mostly a client issue. In a future protocol, when checking for new message data, pull all of the summary data, and optionally all of the body parts. Its a client issue. Save the data, or not. If you pull it all, then the client is free to save it, or not.

--

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US)
DouglasRoyer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com