Re: [ietf-smtp] SMTP Greylisting Retry Hints + PRDR

2019-02-07 10:30:06
On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 07:19:00 +0000, Ð?илÑ?н Ð?алаÑ?зов said:

Retrying the same RCPT TO: before doing DATA/MAIL FROM: will lead to the same
421/451 reply.  This might be different for grey listing.

Doing RCPT TO: after EHLO/RSET/another MAIL TO will lead to different results
(accepting after RCPT).

Are we sure that's the semantics we wanted?  After all, if the server was
willing to accept a retry later on in the same TCP connection, why didn't it
just go ahead and accept the mail the first time?