Re: [ietf-smtp] SMTP Greylisting Retry Hints + PRDR

2019-02-10 15:31:24
In article
<dcd7f842de3eced4d9d55991d97f9283840a4477(_dot_)camel(_at_)aegee(_dot_)org> you
write:
Irrespective of the importance of the meeting, if you ask for confirmation,
the confirmation can be again false
positive.  Shall be there a confiramation, of the confirmation?  Where does
the loop end?

If I write to you asking if you're coming to the meeting, and you
write back saying you are, or write back saying you aren't, the loop
is done.  This is not complicated.

If the recipients servers have rejected the message, I know it was not
received.  Otherwise I want to assume the message was properly delivered.

As has been noted before, you can't always have what you want.

R's,
John