Re: [ietf-smtp] syntax

2019-02-10 13:51:21
+1

I'm sure most folks here do follow the general idea of the "example." But wow, my bad, you're technically 100% right. I hope not to repeat it.

It should also be noted that not all SMTP servers will be strict here since there is a huge history of clients using a space, especially with legacy clients. Our SMTP server is relaxed here with such clients. If I recall, I think OE was one of them. Was not going to reject OE clients on this basis. I will be interested to know how your server behaved here? Strict or relax?

Thanks