Re: [ietf-smtp] IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

2019-12-26 09:46:48
On 12/25/2019 9:20 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
And if you refuse to consider anything that doesn't already exist, you're insisting that we continue to be stuck with the unacceptable status quo.   Internet users deserve better than that.

What I've been trying to suggest is that further engineering in this space be based on deep knowledge of the realities present in the conduct of online abuse, not idealized theory or, worse, denial of experience.

It's fine to explore enhancements to theory, but not in a standards group. When a proposal has no operational foundation, it's called research.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking