Re: [ietf-smtp] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-00.txt

2021-02-11 20:48:46
On 2/11/2021 4:35 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:
Also, does adding the Return-Path: happen before or after adding the Delivered-To:? The spec seems to indicate before, but it doesn't mention Return-Path: at all.

One is specified in 821 & 822, ff. The other is specified in this new draft. Neither is jointly specified.

I haven't noticed anything in the new draft that even mentions them jointly. Indeed, Received: is only cited in the new draft in the Security Considerations section.

If there is anything in it that produced the 'seems to indicate' impression, I'd like to know what it is, so I can fix it. Even if they are added by the same process, I would not expect there to be any order dependency.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking