Re: [ietf-smtp] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-00.txt

2021-02-14 16:38:38
On 2/14/2021 12:23 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:
To the contrary: I am perfectly happy if there is no defined order or constraint on the order, but I do think it's worth saying that they MAY appear in either order (i.e., no implementation should ever act on the order that they happen to appear in).

I'm not a fan of having a spec include language about various things it is not saying, since the list of such things is infinite. As well, saying that it is not being covered is a form of covering it. And, indeed, it invites the reader to find problems with what hasn't been said. And with what has.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking