Re: [ietf-smtp] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-00.txt

2021-02-14 19:19:08
In article <7491fa02-aafd-524c-db7a-b3deab8161b1(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> you
write:
I think that calling Delivered-To: a 'trace' header field ties it to
this model in ways that aren't appropriate. And it isn't the above model
that should change.

So while Delivered-to: is similar to an SMTP trace field, it isn't
actually an example of one.  The fact that it is an MDA-generated field
rather than an MTA-generated one further justifies breaking this linkage.

Before we commence fighting, would you call Resent-<whatever> traace
fields? They sure look to me like they are, added at the top when
something happens to the message, even though they're added by the
MUA.

R's,
John