Re: [ietf-smtp] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-00.txt

2021-02-14 09:53:19
On 2/12/2021 9:25 AM, John R Levine wrote:
I think that every MDA that adds Delivered-To checks to see of the message already has the same D-T and if so drops or bounces the message.

MUST or SHOULD or MAY?  Or non-normative?

I'm leaning towards non-normative, mostly because I think important handling directives shouldn't be scattered around into stray specifications.

That is, I'd think a normative statement about this would be much better in a BCP-ish document.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking