Re: [ietf-smtp] what's not a trace field

2021-02-15 18:49:24
On 2/15/2021 4:43 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
Delivered-To is clearly a trace header field, just like Authentication-Results is.  I looked at your arguments about why you think it's not and I do not see how they follow from either 5321 nor from our multi-decade experience of MTAs adding trace headers.

That's impressive. I asked for comment on revised text and yet you continue not to provide any.

Try stepping away from the philosophical back hole of the term.

Consider the revised text as offered and if there is something about it that is unworkable or inappropriate, please explain what that is.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking