Re: [ietf-smtp] what's not a trace field

2021-02-15 18:27:54
On 2/15/2021 4:22 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
I was under the impressiom that our goal here was to document the long-standing existing practice of software that adds Delvered-To headers.

If that's not the case, we're wasting our time and we should abandon the draft now.

John, you are some others have been tenaciously insisting that the document use a term that has no normative value.

Quite a bit earlier today, I offered revised text that eliminates use of the term and, therefore, eliminates the source of this unnecessary controversy.

Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't not seen anyone respond to that suggested change, nor to otherwise explain why this bit of bikeshedding has been necessary.

If you are looking for something to abandon, that would be a more constructive choice.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking