Re: [ietf-smtp] what's not a trace field

2021-02-15 18:22:48
On 2/14/2021 5:30 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
FYI, Delivered-To is not always added by an MDA.  Sometimes, as in the example I sent a few messages back, it's added by the MTA when it rewrites an address internally.

It's almost amusing to think that a field specific to delivery is affixed by a module that doesn't do deliveries. But only almost. ...

I was under the impressiom that our goal here was to document the long-standing existing practice of software that adds Delvered-To headers.

If that's not the case, we're wasting our time and we should abandon the draft now.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",