Re: [ietf-smtp] homework, not an experiment, draft-crocker-email-deliveredto

2021-08-07 14:35:56
It appears that Ned Freed  <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> said:
What this means is that implementations will have to support both
names for a considerable period of time. That's considerably
more expensive than switching the value of a single constant.

Quite right.

I also note, once again, that if you want to record an envelope recipient
address, there is quite a lot of existing practice with Envelope-To and X-
variants.
We could easily document both that use and the loop breaking Delivered-To and
put them in the header registry.  That seems like a simple informational draft.

R's,
John