Re: [ietf-smtp] Who should set the Sender: header field?

2021-12-14 08:30:06
On Tue, 14 Dec 2021, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
Of course, I meant only in case the user added multiple mailboxes to From:. RFC 5322 requires that a Sender: field be there in such cases.

But we know that nobody uses multiple mailboxes, and if they tried, in most cases it would be rejected or discarded by the recipient mail system.

Can we please not waste any more time on this.

Regards,