Re: [ietf-smtp] Who should set the Sender: header field?

2021-12-16 20:31:01
On Thu, 16 Dec 2021, John C Klensin wrote:
When that new way of doing things will break the multiple From
option, mess up mailing lists (although people are welcome to
use their various group and social network services instead), ...

I'm with you on mailing lists, but the support for multiple From is spotty even outside of gorilla land. I sent myself a message with a two-address
From header and found that the mail app on my Samsung phone and Apples
iPad mail showed only the first address, Apple mail and Thunderbird on a Mac showed both.

I'm not sure what to say about it but we are doing people no favors by suggesting that mail with multiple from address is likely to work.

Regards,