Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376

2000-03-15 05:51:27
In message "Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376",
Martin J. Duerst wrote...
CSS is served as text/css. XSL is XML. VBScript and JavaScript may be
served as application/... If they don't have a 'charset' parameter,
and they don't have any internal way to indicate the encoding,
that's the problem of these registrations, not our problem.

Are you saying that each format should invent their own rules for
indicating the charset?  My understanding was (and still is) that
you as an I18n guy at W3C are promoting a single generalized solution
for all textual formats.

Cheers,

----
MURATA Makoto  muraw3c(_at_)attglobal(_dot_)net