Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376

2000-03-22 09:52:52
In message "Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376",
Chris Lilley wrote...

MURATA Makoto wrote:

In message "Re: Some text that may be useful for the update of RFC 2376",
Chris Lilley wrote...

 >> - XML sent (e.g. mail, http) as text/xml (or equivalent, e.g.
text/vnd.wap.wml):

 >as text/"anything" in other words

I think that RFC 2046 covers text/* in general.  RFC 2376 cannot
change the default of HTTP (i.e., 8859-1).  The IAB allowed
RFC 2376 to change the default for text/xml only.

That was what I was suggesting, changing it for text/xml only.

If we consider e-mail and fallback to text/plain, there is not
much we can do to text/xml.  We can mandate the charset parameter.
That's all what we can do.  We cannot change the default.

----
MURATA Makoto  muraw3c(_at_)attglobal(_dot_)net