Re: Back to the drawing board, was Re: Last Call: Registry Registrar Protocol (RRP) Version 1.1.0 to Informational

2000-01-05 03:50:03
--On 2000-01-05 02.37 -0800, Ed Gerck <egerck(_at_)nma(_dot_)com> wrote:

What we have in the
proposed RFC is thus an outdated spec -- problems that were actually
reported *solved* in the March-October 1999 timeframe appear again
*unsolved* in the December 1999 timeframe.

In real life, I have not checked whether NSI really _uses_ what we talked about in the timeframe March-October, and in some cases (timestamps for example) it is already clear that they use what is specified in the I-D and NOT what the RAB proposed, i.e. what is in the email archives of RAB.

So, in what order the specifications were created have nothing to do with what we are checking today. We are checking the I-D with what is used. Nothing else.

Have you been using the protocol that is in use today?

If not, I ask myself how you can state that the protocol is different from what is specified in the I-D.

   paf