Re: interception proxies

2000-04-12 09:50:02
Hello Vernon,

listed are technical nits.  If you assume that "traffic redirection"
and an "interception proxy" are good things, then you might well worry
about the "lack of HTTP/1.1 compliance for proxy caches" or whether
"interception proxies break client cache directives."  You will not
question their desirability or even their long term utility in the face
of actions by users to protect their privacy or defend against censorship.

There are also good uses for interception, I think that ONGs, churchs, and
other organizations and people will want to become Internet trusters soon,
to defend their values throught Internet, and not only values there will be
also fun aplications of trusters.

The point is that the truster must be selected by the user not by
authoritarian impositon!.

i.e. I talk about ecology.

May be the first step of a ecologist truster will be to devolop a black
list of companies that are very agresive agains nature, the people that
join this truster will be able to have censorship of this companies in
order to presure them to change their behavior.

Perhaps later they will think that to get some ecological level is not
enought, that they want to develop a ecological ranking so people can
transmit the market the message that they must compite to be the eco-leader
on their sector if they want these customers, that is to get the strenth of
compititivity aplaied to ecology.

(Companies should heritage values from their supliers, in order to avoid
the trick that a very dirty industrie uses a very clean distribuitor for
their products, so let the end customer to pull all the prodution and
ditribution chain to ecologist positions)

This respect companies privacy if you don´t want an ecological evaluation
Ok you get a cero!.

Whith ranking values people will be able to weight them from different mix
of trusters that they select.

May be, later trusters will incrise their interactivity with their
customers, things like this information is Ok if that happends, or this
information is worthy combenid with this other, I don´t have idea of
trusters future evolution but almost sure that they will be adding more
inteligence and interactivity to their system.