Re: interception proxies

2000-04-14 21:30:02

A copy of the note, admittedly very rough (just an outline, and a very
rough one at that) is at:

      http://www.isi.edu/touch/pubs/hazards-outline.txt

This doesn't list what I thought was an obvious issue.
If multiple nodes are originating packets with the same source
IP address it will be rather hard for them to ensure the required
uniqueness on the IP ID field (unique for the combination
of source IP, destination IP and protocol).

I suspect that most of boxes that play these games don't worry about
IP ID which might cause garbage reassembly should the same
IP ID be used when multiple such boxes are sending to the same IP address.

  Erik