Re: interception proxies

2000-04-12 13:30:02

Keith Moore wrote:

This was a choice - in some larger sense, if sourcing other-owned IP
addresses or TCP connections is considered an architectural problem,
needs to come down from above, rather than up from WREC.

sounds like a convenient excuse to me...
where did the wrec folks get the idea that the IP specification was obsolete?

(speaking not for the entire WREC, but my impression of the meetings) I
did get the impression (mistakenly or not) that addressing the whole of
the IP spec was not particularly in scope (e.g., from our area director,
who discussed scope at nearly every meeting).

Joe