Re: recommendation against publication of draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt

2000-04-17 05:50:02
At 12:44 AM 4/11/00 -0700, Derrell D. Piper wrote:
And there you have the argument for publishing this document.  I much prefer a
model where we allow for free exchange of ideas, even bad ones.

hear! hear!

 I tend to
believe that if someone took the time to write up a document that there's
probably some reason for it.  So let's call this an experimental RFC and get
on with life.  Isn't that what the experimental category denotes?

Well, that's one way to interpret it. I think I'd prefer the words of RFC 2026, which imply that it is simply an idea, something being experimented with, and that the document represents a snapshot of the work at a particular point in time. We let time and experience tell us whether it is a good idea or a bad one, and if you want to participate in the experiment, you had best contact the experimenter, as things may have progressed since the document was published.