Re: remove me from list

2000-06-12 11:00:02
On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:04:02 EDT, "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" said:

Uhhh, can't you tell a message that's just a troll?  :-)

I, at least, am getting an ever increasing number of such messages and
I feel pretty sure they are just a slighltly more subtle way to get
you to respond so they can add you to their database of known good
emails to spam.

Well, so far today I've already had at leeast 3-4 people who complained
to the Listserv administrator (me) about a list spamming them, when they
didn't understand it's a spammer nailing their list.

Obviously, I wasn't caffienated enough to distinguish the troll from
my user community. ;)
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst