Re: IETF, ITU-T membership

2000-06-15 07:30:02
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:19:25 PDT, Mark Atwood said:
"Yixin Zhu" <yixin(_at_)xybridge(_dot_)com> writes:

My company is interested in joining IETF and ITU-T standard body, Can some
one here tell me what are the procedures and fees ?  Your help is greatly
appreciated.

IETF is easy. Join some mailing lists, have useful things to say,
and show up at the meetings.

Hmm.. and here I thought the meetings were optional unless you were running
for a WG chair or something?

I happen to know that a number of other recognizable names on this list
have never actually been seen at an IETF meeting.  If you've met me at
an IETF meeting, it was an alien impostor. ;)

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst