Re: fyi.. House Committee Passes Bill Limiting Spam E-Mail

2000-06-19 10:10:02
At 09:35 PM 6/15/00 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
And I hope that the courts will finally realize that freedom of speech
includes the freedom not to have your communications disrupted by people
who want to sell you things.

I dunno, Keith. What you are asking for is content control - you are saying that certain content shouldn't get to you. Usually, you are asking that content not be controlled in any way.

But I have to say that this particular thread is fairly far afield of anything resembling an engineering topic. Would it be too onerous to ask that it be moved to a free-speech-includes-or-does-not-include-advertising discussion list?