Re: Is WAP mobile Internet??

2000-07-05 20:50:03

  Jon Postel would have said: If it speaks IP (UDP/TCP are not
  necessary), then it's Internet, else not.

I thought part of the argument was about capitalization of the I. if its
lowercase, then its using IP, if its uppercase then you can expect to use
global Internet addresses and achieve a substantive amount of end-to-end
connectivity. Of course, that was before NAT.

  However, during the 1980s the IAB tried to float the concept of an
  extended Internet defined by email connectivity.

Is this different to John Quartermains Matrix definition? Gosh, how
prescient to choose that word...

-George

--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm(_at_)dstc(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au    |  University of Qld 4072