Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-09-20 14:40:02
At 09:08 PM 9/20/00 +0000, Bob Braden wrote:
If they are worth keeping, they are worth publishing as RFCs.
If they are not worth keeping, they are not worth keeping.

You seem to ignore the possibility that they could be worth keeping in a
form other than RFCs.  I don't think the world wants the RFC pool to grow
_that_ rapidly, but I think an important subset of users needs persistent
access to older drafts.

Making a 'publish it as an RFC or discard it' claim may be nice
rhetorically, but it's not a very useful answer to the problem being raised.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML